2-DAYS SACRED VALLEY COMBO + MACHU PICCHU
The Sacred Valley Combo & Machu Picchu 2-day tour is the perfect combination to maximize your time so you can have a full experience through the Sacred Valley before heading to Machu Picchu.
On the first day we’ll pick you from your hotel and start our journey through the Sacred Valley of the Incas with our first stop in Pisac, following by a visit in Moray and the Salt Mines in Maras.
After the first visits of the day, we’ll have a stop to enjoy a delicious meal in a buffet restaurant in Urubamba before heading to our last visit of the day – the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo. After this visit, we’ll take the train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town) where your hotel is located.
On the second day it’s time to enjoy your breakfast before heading to the bus station with your guide and go up to Machu Picchu to start your guided tour that takes around 2h. After the tour, take the bus back to Aguas Calientes and do all the train journey back to the destination station and finally the shuttle back to your hotel in Cusco.
PACKAGE DETAILS |
Sacred Valley Combo + Machupicchu
With this package you will travel through the Peruvian historic Sacred Valley. Located between Cusco and Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley is known for its lush scenery, picturesque colonial cities, and magnificent Incan fortresses and you will combine it with the best destination: Machu Picchu.
DAY 1 CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY – AGUAS CALIENTES
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby around 06:45 am. We will begin our journey to the Sacred Valley through a winding road around the mountains in the north of Cusco. Next, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac. At these ruins, you will see and learn about different aspects of the Inca culture. Here you can see amazing artwork etched into the stone and the impressive agricultural terraces. After exploring this magnificent place, we will drive back to the city of Pisac, to check out the amazing artisanal market! At the market, you will have free time to walk around and do some shopping.
Afterwards, we will continue the trip to the district of Maras – Moray. Moray is made up of three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in the shape of a basin, are believed to have been used as an agricultural laboratory to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops. After exploring Moray you will head to the Maras Salt Mines which are only 2 miles away. Dating back to colonial times, Maras was considered a salt-producing center. Carved into the mountainside are more than 3,000 salt pools, which are filled daily with a trickle of water. Then we will continue the trip to the province of Urubamba for lunch in a local restaurant where we will enjoy a delicious Andean food. (This meal is included in the tour).
After lunch, we will continue with our adventure in the Valley. We will drive along the Urubamba River towards the city of Ollantaytambo. We will visit the ruins once we reach Ollantaytambo. This site highlights the remarkable Inca architecture that was built during the Incas heydays. This is an extraordinary Inca site and in addition to the ruins, you will see an amazing rock formation representing the Inca God Wiracocha.
After the tour in Ollantaytambo, and based on your train itinerary, you will board the train to Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival at the Aguas Calientes train station, one of our friendly staff members will be waiting outside to escort you to your hotel in Aguas Calientes, where you will be staying for the night. During the briefing at your hotel, you will receive detailed instructions regarding the pickup arrangements and the tour scheduled for the next day.
DAY 2 MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Today is the most important day, as we will be visiting Machu Picchu. Because it’s so special, we encourage you to wake up early in the morning to enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then head to the bus station to try catching one of the first buses, beginning at 5:30 am (they are all on a first come first catch basis). The bus will take about 25 min to get to Machu Picchu. Once you arrive at the complex, it is our job to take you to the best spot to overlook all the ruins and get a panoramic view of the landscape and hopefully, the sunrise over the mountains. You will have a 2 hour guided tour around Machu Picchu, with plenty of free time afterward to explore it on your own. If you have tickets to climb the amazing mountain of Huayna Picchu, your guide will direct you to where this hike begins. Please make sure this is arranged at least a month in advance of your visit, as tickets do sell out. It is USD 25 per person. Once you are done exploring everything that Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes where you can have lunch. Then, according to your ticket, you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and from there you will take the transportation back to Cusco.
Reserve this amazing adventure now by clicking below!
It is included
IT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Comfortable transportation to the Sacred Valley
- Profesional tour guide (English/Spanish)
- Transportation to Ollantaytambo
- Buffet Lunch in Urubamba (vegan options available)
- Expedition train to Aguas Calientes (round trip) or similar.
- Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes 3*** (optional)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Bus transportation to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu
- Guided tour for 2 hours in Machu Picchu
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo station to Cusco
- The assistance of the company
- Huayna Picchu climb (book it in advance, USD 75 per person) / Machu Picchu Mountain (book it in advance USD 75 per person)
- Tourist ticket for the entrance to Moray 70 Soles and 10 soles to enter the Salt Mines of Maras. (15 soles in 2024).
What to bring
WHAT TO BRING
- A small backpack and sneakers
- Raincoat or poncho (December to April)
- Complete change of clothes
- Water bottle and sunglasses
- Flashlight and batteries
- A sun hat in order to protect you from the sun light
- Insect repellent and extra money (Soles)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, cookies etc.
- Camera and extra batteries.
Why is the tourist ticket not included?
The Boleto Turístico (tourist ticket) is a personal ticket and is not sold in advance. It must be purchased in Cusco or at the entrance of the visited sites where this ticket is required.
Check our guide with all the information about the tourist ticket.
Does it include accommodation in Aguas Calientes?
To include the accommodation you only need to contact our team and inform the preferable hotel category and how many people you are.
What to do with my luggage during the trip to Machu Picchu?
The maximum volume allowed on the trains is 5kg per person, so you should travel with as less as possible, as all the rest of your luggage should stay at your hotel in Cusco during the two day trip. If you check out when you travel to Machu Picchu, you can leave your luggage in the hotel’s storage room.
What time will i enter in Machu Picchu?
The entrance times for this tour is from 7am on, but it may vary according to ticket availability at the time of booking. Remember: the earlier you make your reservation, the more likely you are to get the best times.
I would like a private guide, is it possible?
Yes, just get in touch with our team and consult the value to be added to have a 100% private guide and a customized experience.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st
, 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 75 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.