PALCCOYO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountains are the best alternative to the traditional Rainbow Mountain for those who want to avoid mass tourism and are looking for an easier, shorter and more accessible hike.
Palccoyo, also known as “Three Rainbows”, is not only one but three rainbow mountains that are easier to hike and less crowded option to discover the beauty of these colorful mountains of Cusco. It’s a perfect option for families and couples that are not experienced hikers and also for those looking for off the beaten path options to avoid the crowds.
The hike up takes around 1h and most of the terrain is flat or near flat, different from the classic Rainbow Mountain Vinicunca which has a longer, steeper and higher trail.
This is a full day tour with meals included and for a better experience is only offered in small or private groups.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PALCCOYO FULL DAY
A stunning alternative hike to the popular “Rainbow Mountain”. Tres Rainbows or Palccoyo offers a more leisurely option and it is the best option for those who don’t want to hike for 4 hours round-trip or more, Palccoyo top can be reached with just 30 minutes of walking
You will be picked up from your hotel around 4:00 am in a private tourist minivan. Then you will be on the road for three hours approximately, passing by traditional villages with amazing views of the Andes.
This new alternative was created for those who do not want such a strenuous hike but who are up for a good walk with a great view. This is also a great option for families with children.
Upon your arrival at Palccoyo, you will have a great view over the entire region and also of the Ausangate Glacier we will spend 1-2 hours exploring the area and taking photographs.
After this outstanding day of touring, you will return back to Cusco, in a private Minivan, arriving in Cusco around 5:30 pm.
IT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick up from Cusco Hotels (The ones located in the historic center of Cusco)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking guide
- Breakfast (quinoa drink, tea, coffee, bread, omelets, pancakes)
- Lunch with vegan options available
- First aid kit
- Polar Blanket
- Communication radios
- Entrance tickets
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco and private apartments.
- Tips Recommended
WHAT TO BRING?
- Daypack for personal items
- Money in soles for entrance fees, water, snacks and other expenses during each tour
- Comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear (hiking boots recommended)
- Waterproof clothes and rain cover
- Insect repellent
- Water (1.5L per day)
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sunlight
- Warm jacket for the evening/wind
- Personal medications
What are the differences between the Rainbow Mountains of Palccoyo and Vinicunca?
Vinicunca is the best known colored mountain in the Cusco region, and therefore the most popular with tourists (and gets crowded), while Palccoyo mountain is little explored by tourists so it’s less crowded.
But the big difference is really in the difficulty: while the Vinicunca mountain requires a hike of about 2 hours, the Palccoyo mountain requires only about 45 minutes of almost flat walking, since most of the route is done in our transportation.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st , 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 25 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.