2-DAYS QUAD BIKES & MACHU PICCHU
Our 2-days exclusive program to Maras and Moray on quad bikes + Machu Picchu is perfect for those on a short trip to Cusco and wants to maximize their time to enjoy the best activities and travel by train to Machu Picchu.
In the morning of the first day we’ll depart from Cusco to Maras region and start our quad bikes ride though the Sacred Valley, visiting two of the most interesting sites around: the Salt Mines and the archaeological site of Moray.
In the afternoon we’ll have a stop to enjoy a delicious meal in a buffet restaurant in Urubamba before heading to Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town) where your hotel is located.
On the second day it’s time to enjoy your breakfast before heading to the bus station with your guide and go up to Machu Picchu to start your guided tour that takes around 2h. After the tour, take the bus back to Aguas Calientes and do all the train journey back to the destination station and finally the shuttle back to your hotel in Cusco.]
PACKAGE DETAILS | Quad Biking in Maras & Moray + Machu Picchu
DAY 01: Cusco to Cruzpata Atv Base camp, Moray Salt Mines
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and provide transportation to our first destination Cruzpata to our basecamp after a quick practice with the ATV you will continue to Moray you will see how advanced the Incas were in their agricultural techniques, such as the terracing system and irrigation using aqueducts. In Moray, for example, they used circular terraces that demonstrate the high level of culture the Inca civilization achieved after visiting this amazing place. We will leave our quad bikes and continue to our next destination by van, Salt mines of Maras. The salt mines, or the famous “salt pools” are located in the rural community of Pichingoto. This site is highly recommended for photography lovers because of its impressive landscape that stretches out in all of its splendor, Local people continue draining the salt like their ancestors. After visiting Maras we will go have lunch in one of the local restaurants of Urubamba. After lunch we will head to Ollantaytambo to take the train. Your train to Aguas Calientes will depart at 3:37 pm approx. During the one and a half train ride, you can take time to appreciate the beauty of the surrounding valleys and Andean Mountains. The train will arrive in Aguas Calientes, which is a small city located at the base of Machu Picchu, where a staff will be waiting for you at the train station to take you to your hotel in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 02: Aguas Calientes – Machu picchu – Cusco
Today is the most important day, as we will be visiting Machu Picchu. Because it’s so special, we encourage you to wake up early in the morning to enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then head to the bus station to try catching one of the first buses, beginning at 5:30 am (they are all on a first come/ first serves basis). The bus will take about 25 min to get to Machu Picchu. Once you arrive at the complex, it is our job to take you to the best spot to overlook all the ruins and get a panoramic view of the landscape and hopefully of the sunrise over the mountains. You will then have a 2 hour guided tour around Machu Picchu, with plenty of free time afterwards to explore it on your own. If you have tickets to climb the amazing mountain of Huayna Picchu, your guide will direct you to where this hike begins. Please make sure this is arranged at least 1 or 2 months in advance, as tickets do sell out. Once you are done exploring everything Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes then take the train back to Ollantaytambo where your transfer will be waiting to take you back to Cusco.
It is included
IT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick up from Cusco hotels in the historic center of Cusco
- Lunch in Urubamba
- Quad Bike, helmet, gloves.
- Quad ATV tour to Moray and transportation to Maras
- Private transfer from Maras to Urubamba
- Round-trip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- 01 Night of Hotel in Aguas Calientes at a 3 stars Hotel
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Round-trip bus tickets Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu
- Guided tour at Machu Picchu in English
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco city.
IT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Tourist Ticket to enter Moray – 70 Soles
- 15 Soles for the Salt Mines entrance.
What To Bring
- Original passport (mandatory to enter Machu Picchu)
- Personal luggage for Machu Picchu (5 kg max allowed in the train)
- Clothes to change after the tour (you might get some dust!)
- Daypack for personal items
- Money in soles for entrance fees, water, snacks and other expenses during each tour
- Comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear (hiking boots recommended)
- Waterproof clothes and rain cover
- Insect repellent
- Water (1.5L per day)
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sunlight
- Warm jacket for the evening/wind
- Personal medications
Is previous experience in riding quad bikes necessary?
No. Before the beginning of the tour your guide will give you instructions on how the machines work and time to practice and feel confident for the tour. Even so, in case you do not feel safe to drive, you can ride with your guide or companion.
Can children take this tour?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by their parents and are over 17 years old to ride the quad bikes.
Does this tour include insurance?
No. The quad bikes are not insured and in case of accidents the traveler is solely responsible for paying for any damage to the equipment. The traveler is also solely responsible with any hospital expenses and any physical damage caused by accidents. By booking the tour the traveler agrees that they are solely responsible for their safety and the preservation of the equipment.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st
, 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 25 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.