INTI PUNKU HIKE FULL DAY – INCA QUARRIES
Our trip to Intipunku, which translates to “Sun Gate” involves a guided hike through the Peruvian mountains. It is a less crowded and beautiful alternative hike to some of the busier hikes around Cusco. It is a very interesting and special hike and allows you to see the archaeological site of Ollantayambo, the Veronica Mountain, and the Urubamba River. You will also hike through the Quarries of Cachiccata, which is where the Incans gathered stones and transported them to Ollantaytambo.
Tour Type: Day tour
Good For: A cultural experience and beautiful views, this tour shows us how wonderful the nature of the Andes and the buildings of the Inca Empire are.
Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes.
Season: From January 1 to December 31
PACKAGE DETAILS | Inti Punku Hike full day – Inca Quarries
Explore the Inca ruins of the Inti Punku (Sun Gate) on a guided hike through the Peruvian mountains. While hiking, you will also be able to view the Ollantaytambo Archaeological Site and the Urubamba River on this formidable mountain trek.
Inti Punku is a small Inca ruin at the top of a 3,900-meter hill. On this scenic hike, you will enjoy the views of the Urubamba River, the Ollantaytambo Archaeological Site, and Veronica Mountain.
Your tour will begin at 5:00 am, with a private transportation from your hotel in Cusco. From where you will drive to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, with a stop for breakfast in the community of Pachar, only a few kilometers from Ollantaytambo. After breakfast, you will continue driving until Ollantaytambo to begin your ascent. Along the way, you will pass through the Inca Quarries of the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo until you finally reach the Sun Gate. While in there you will have several hours to hike, taking in varying and breathtaking terrain with your hiking guide. You will also be presented with a box lunch during your hike, which will assist you with energy for the rest of your day.
Afterwards, on your way back to Cusco, you will return to the community of Pachar, which will be an ideal spot to refresh yourself with some of the best craft beers from Cusco. Following this, you will return safely back to Cusco City.
It is included
- Private transportation
- Private English-speaking guide
- Boxed lunch
- Hiking sticks
- First aid kit and oxygen
It is not included:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Water and personal snacks.
- Pick up from hotels out of the historic center of Cusco and private transportation.
What to Bring?
WHAT TO BRING
- A small backpack and good sneakers or hiking boots
- Raincoat or poncho (December to April)
- Complete change of clothes
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and sun hat.
- Insect repellent and extra money (Soles)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, cookies etc.
- Camera and extra batteries.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st , 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 25 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.