PEROLNIYOC WATERFALL FULL DAY
The Perolniyoc waterfall is a hidden gem that offers us some of the best landscapes in the Sacred Valley!
This is an off the beaten path that hides a wonderful waterfall of over 45m / 147ft high as well as a pre-inca archaeological site with some of the best views of the mountains of the Sacred Valley.
The hike will start in the community of Socma and after 1h30min you will arrive in the archaeological site of Raqaypata (also known as Perolniyoc ruins), on the top of the waterfall. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the views and take the best pictures before hiking back to Socma.
Our next and final stop will be the Archeological Center of Ñaupa Iglesia, an ancient Ceremonial Temple dedicated to the Moon.
If you still wants more, ask your guide for a quick stop in the Sacred Valley Brewery, just a few miles from Ñaupa Iglesia, where you can enjoy a good pint of the best craft beer in Cusco.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am in a private transportation to start the day heading to the community of Socma.
Driving through the Sacred Valley, you will see the wonderful sacred river of the Incas and some other native communities.
Once we arrive in Socma we will begin our incredible hike.
First, you will hear your guide tell you briefly about the place and the unique agriculture so that as you walk you can better appreciate your surroundings.
Along the way, you will be able to see a great variety of the amazing biodiversity including plants and animals.
After about an hour, we will arrive at the archaeological site of Raqaypata. The guide will help you explore this site and then we will descend to the waterfalls.
The Perolniyoc waterfall is an incredible natural wonder and Inca ceremonial fountain. You will have time to admire the fall and even jump in the water if you are up for the experience.
Finally, we will return by foot to Socma and take our minivan. On our way back, we will stop briefly at the archaeological center of Ñaupa Iglesia (an ancient temple) This sacred cave emits an energy that can only be felt by stepping inside.
Finally arriving at Pachar we will have a delicious lunch made from natural products from the local community, If you want you can visit the craft beer factory of the Sacred Valley. Thereafter head back to Cusco.
Note: If you want to continue to Machu Picchu or Ollantaytambo please let us know it is located only 20 min away from Pachar.
It is included:
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Lunch (vegetarian option available on request)
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
What’s Not Included:
- Not mentioned
WHAT TO BRING
- Daypack for personal items
- Money in soles for entrance fees, water, snacks and other expenses during each tour
- Comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear (hiking boots recommended)
- Waterproof clothes and rain cover
- Insect repellent
- Water (1.5L per day)
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sunlight
- Warm jacket for the evening/wind
- Personal medications
Can I bathe in the waterfall?
Yes, if you want to take a bath under this magnificent waterfall, just bring your swimming clothes and a towel. But a warning: the water is very cold, so be ready for it.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour 48 hours in advance and be reimbursed for the full amount of the tour. If you cancel the tour after these 48 hours prior to your tour no refund will be processed.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 5 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 30th, 2022.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.