2-DAY AGUAS CALIENTES & MACHU PICCHU
Our 2 day, 1 night tour to Machu Picchu is perfect for those who like to travel slow and without rushing. On the first day you’ll depart from your hotel in Cusco with our professional driver to the the train station so you can start your journey to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town).
After arrival in Aguas Calientes, personnel from your hotel will be waiting for you outside the station so guide you safely until your hotel for your check in. Take your time to explore this charming village and enjoy a nice dinner in one of the restaurants available before having a good night of sleep.
On the second day, it’s time to enjoy your breakfast before heading to the bus station with your guide and going up to Machu Picchu to start your 2 hour guided tour. After the tour, take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, the train to Ollantaytambo, and finally the shuttle back to your hotel in Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up from your hotel around 9:50 am to take you to Ollantaytambo, a 2 hours ride from Cusco (exact time of your pick-up will depend on the time you choose for your train). On the comfortable journey, you’ll pass through the Sacred Valley and enjoy breathtaking views, such as glacier peaks, green lush valleys and many Inca farming terraces in both sites of the valley. You’ll also be able to see some Inca ruins at km 82, where the classic Inca trail begins. You will then arrive in Aguas Calientes (2000 masl), also known as Machu Picchu pueblo, where you will be picked up and escorted to your hotel. You will then have a free afternoon to decide how you want to explore the town. We recommend to visit the hot springs, Mandor Gardens, or the waterfalls.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you will take a bus (25mins) to the Machu Picchu. The buses depart every 5 to 10 min. If you don’t want to take the bus and prefer to hike along the Inca trail, just let your guide know so that he can show you where to begin your hike (1 hour hike up). You will have to leave the hotel around 4:00 am to start the hike.
In Machu Picchu, you will meet your group and have a 2 hour guided tour in English. Then you will have an extra time to explore the ruins by yourself. During this time you can climb the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, or you can go to the most famous spot in Machu Picchu, The Sun Gate. It will take about 1 hour to get to the Sun Gate and there you can take the perfect picture of the ruins. We encourage all travelers to make the most of their time in Machu Picchu – a wonder of the world. Once you have seen it all, you can take the bus or hike down by foot to return to Aguas Calientes.
You will take your train in Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo according to the time slot stated on your ticket. In Ollantaytambo there will be a transportation to bring you back to Cusco.
Book here today!
It is included
- Pick up and drop-off in Cusco
- Transportation to the train station
- Train tickets to Aguas Calientes
- Pick up from the Aguas Calientes train station to your hotel
- Accommodation in the hotel
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- English speaking tour guide
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Return train ticket to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
- Meals which can be organized at the restaurant
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (USD75 per person) or Machu Picchu Mountain (USD75 per person) — contact us to add this experience as soon as possible, as tickets often sell out
What to bring
WHAT TO BRING
- Small backpack / dry pack under 25 lt (Large/big bags are not allowed in Machu Picchu)
- Original Passport and student ID card if valid (student discounts available with valid ID and international student identity card)
- Sun hat
- Sun cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Extra money in soles for food, water, souvenirs, and extra snacks
- Boxed lunch to bring to Machu Picchu
- Plastic poncho and rain gear (especially November-March)
- Drinking water and electrolytes (very expensive to buy in Machu Picchu)
What kind of train is included in my tour?
In most cases we include Peru Rail Expedition trains. In case of unavailability, we will use the Inca Rail Voyager trains – both are tourist trains, comfortable and with windows all over the train to enjoy the landscapes.
If you wish to upgrade to the Vistadome category, with panoramic views and folk dances on board, please check with your agent for availability.
Does this tour include accommodation in Aguas Calientes?
To include the accommodation you only need to contact our team and inform the preferable hotel category and how many people you are.
What to do with my luggage during the trip to Machu Picchu?
The maximum baggage weight allowed on the trains is 5kg per person. We recommend so you travel with as little as possible and leave the rest of your luggage at your hotel in Cusco during the two-day trip. If you check out when you travel to Machu Picchu, most hotels will allow you to leave your luggage in the hotel’s storage room.
What time will I enter Machu Picchu?
The entrance times for this tour are as early as 7am, but may vary according to ticket availability at the time of booking. Remember: the earlier you make your reservation, the more likely you are to get the best times.
I would like a private tour. Is it possible?
Yes, just get in touch with our team and we can provide you with a quote for a 100% private tour and a customized experience.
After the guided tour, can I stay longer on my own?
No. During the pandemic, restrictive measures were adopted that prevent you from circulating freely in the park after the guided tour, since the tour follows only one direction and does not allow you to return to where you have already been.
Flexibility cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st
, 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 25 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.