2-DAY SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU
The Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu 2-day tour is the perfect combination to maximize your time so you can have two days of tours instead of only one.
On the first day we’ll pick you from your hotel and start our journey through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our first stop will be in Pisac to visit the archaeological site, known for its huge terraces and one of the biggest ancient cemeteries.
After the first tour, we’ll have a stop to enjoy a delicious meal in a buffet restaurant in Urubamba before heading to our last visit of the day – the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo. After this visit, we’ll take the train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town) where your hotel is located.
On the second day, you’ll enjoy breakfast at your hotel before heading to the bus station with your guide and going up to Machu Picchu for your 2 hour guided tour. After the tour, take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, the train back to Ollantaytambo, and finally the shuttle back to your hotel in Cusco.
PACKAGE DETAILS | SACRED VALLEY AND Machu Picchu 2d/1n
Day 1: CUSCO – PISAC – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco around 8:00 am and begin our journey. After picking up our entire group, we’ll drive to Pisac to discover our first Inca ruins of the tour, and then we will head back to the city to visit Pisac.
Our next destination is Urubamba, where we will arrive around 1:00 pm to enjoy lunch in one of the local restaurants. From Urubamba, it is just 30 minutes to get to the last Inca ruin site of the day, Ollantaytambo (Inca palace).
After your tour, you will have extra time to wander around the site before having dinner in one of the local restaurants (dependent on your train time). In the evening, you will walk for about 15 minutes to head to the train station in the city. Your train will depart at either 4:36 pm or 7:00 pm (depending on availability) to Aguas Calientes, which will be a 2 hour journey.
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
In the morning, we’ll take the bus up to Machu Picchu (25min). If you would like to hike up to Machu Picchu (about 1 to 1.5 hours), please discuss with your guide ahead of time for advice. Once you enter the inca citadel, you will have a 2 hour guided tour around Machu Picchu to learn about the history of this place, and of course have time to take the best pictures inside the ruins. If you have the ticket to hike the amazing Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, your guide will direct you to where this hike begins (please let us know if you’d like to include these hikes in your ticket, which sell out quickly and come with additional cost). Once you are done exploring everything that Machu Picchu has to offer, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes where you can have lunch before boarding your train back to Ollantaytambo, and from there you will take a transportation to come back to Cusco.
Reserve this amazing adventure now by clicking below!
It is included
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Comfortable transportation for the Sacred Valley tour
- Buffet Lunch in Urubamba (vegan options available)
- Bilingual tour guide for the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Trains to Machu Picchu (tourist class, round trip – ask your agent about the upgrades available)
- Hotel accommodation in 3-star hotel Aguas Calientes (if selected when booking your tour)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Bus transportation to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu
- 2-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu in English
- Transportation from the station to your hotel in Cusco
- Assistance of the company
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain tickets (75USD per person, each) – please reach out to us for availability
- Entrance ticket for the Sacred Valley (70 Soles per person)
- Travel insurance
What to bring
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport (mandatory to enter Machu Picchu)
- Small bag (5 kg max allowed on the train to and from Aguas Calientes)
- Small day pack for personal items in Machu Picchu (max allowed size is 25L)
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or good sneakers are recommended)
- Extra money for food, water, souvenirs and snacks
- Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Scarf or hat in order to protect against the intense sunlight
- Warm jacket for the evening/wind
- Personal medication
Why is the tourist ticket not included?
The Boleto Turístico (tourist ticket) is a personal ticket and is not sold in advance. It must be purchased in Cusco or at the entrance of the visited sites where this ticket is required.
Check our guide with all the information about the tourist ticket.
What kind of train is included in my tour?
In most cases, we include Peru Rail Expedition trains. In case of unavailability, we will use the Inca Rail Voyager trains – both are tourist trains, comfortable and with windows all over the train to enjoy the landscapes.
If you wish to upgrade to the Vistadome category, with panoramic views and folk dances on board, please check with your agent for availability.
Does this tour include accommodation in Aguas Calientes?
To include the accommodation, please contact our team and inform them of your preferred hotel category and number of people.
What to do with my luggage during the trip to Machu Picchu?
The maximum baggage weight allowed on the trains to Machu Picchu is 5kg per person. We recommend that you travel with as little as possible and leave the rest of your luggage at your hotel in Cusco.. If you check out when you travel to Machu Picchu, most hotels will allow you to leave your luggage in the hotel’s storage room.
What time will I enter Machu Picchu?
The entrance times for this tour are as early as 7am, but may vary according to ticket availability at the time of booking. Remember: the earlier you make your reservation, the more likely you are to get the best times.
I would like a private tour. Is it possible?
Yes, just get in touch with our team and we can provide you with a quote for a 100% private tour and a customized experience.
After the guided tour, can I stay longer on my own?
No. During the pandemic, restrictive measures were adopted that prevent you from wandering freely in the park after the guided tour. All visitors are only allowed to travel in one direction and can not walk backwards to where they have already been. However, we’ll give you ample time to take pictures and explore during our guided tour.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st
, 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 25 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.