HUMANTAY LAKE FULL DAY HIKE
Join our day trip to one of the most impressive landscapes in the Andean highlands and part of the famous Salkantay route to Machu Picchu: the incredible Humantay Lake with the Humantay Mountain.
This hike is designed for those travelers with a short time in Cusco who wants to be in contact with the magnificent nature of Peru.
Humantay is one of the attractions that you just can’t miss in Cusco area. On this trek you will visit the gorgeous blue-turquoise Humantay Glacier Lake and get amazed by breathtaking views of the surrounding snow capped mountains
Once you reach the lake you’ll have free time to explore the beautiful site and learn about the ancient customs of the Incas. This place has been sacred since the Inca’s era so you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a small ceremony to say thanks to Pacha Moma (Mother Earth) for having arrived in this site without setback.
PACKAGE DETAILS | SALKANTAY TREK – HUMANTAY LAKE (FULL-DAY)
CUSCO – MOLLEPATA -SORAYPAMPA ( HUMANTAY LAKE )
We will pick you up from your hotel between 3:30 and 4:00 am before traveling in our private transportation to Mollepata located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River, which is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes away from Cusco. In Mollepata, we will stop for a quick breakfast to get some energy before our hike! We will continue on our journey by car towards Soraypampa, which will take approximately one hour (3900 masl).
Here, we will begin our trek to the Humantay Lake located at 4200 masl (13779 feet). The steep hike up will take about 1 hour and 30 min.
If the climb is too difficult, you can ride a horse up to the lake. Once you reach the hardship will be forgotten once you reach the top and see the magnificent Apu Humantay Lake.
On the top of the mountain we will learn about why this place was considered sacred for the Incas and we will take time to appreciate the breathtaking views.
Once at the bottom, we will go back to Mollepata and have a delicious lunch. Finally, we will take our transportation and go back to Cusco and enjoy a much-needed siesta!
It is included
IT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up from your hotel (Only if located in the historical center of Cusco)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Transport from Cusco to Mollepata / Soraypampa – Mollepata- Cusco
- Meals: 1 breakfast and 1 lunch buffet (vegan options)
- Communication Radios
- Polar Blanket
- 1 walking steak
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
IT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Not mentioned
- Gratuities (recommended)
What to Bring?
WHAT TO BRING
- A small backpack and hiking shoes
- Raincoat or poncho (Especially during the rainy season in December to April)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses, sun hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellent and extra money (Soles)
- Snacks (dark chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc.)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart disease/problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women and babies.
How long is the hike?
The approximate total distance is 4.3miles (round trip) and the climb takes about 1.5 hours at a normal pace.
Are horses available for the hike?
Yes, you can rent horses for the ascent if you wish. The approximate cost is 90 soles and the horses do about 90% of the climb, the final meters need to be done on foot.
Do I need to have hiking experience and good physical condition?
It is a short hike, even without experience it is possible to complete the ascent without much difficulty.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour 48 hours in advance and be reimbursed for the full amount of the tour. If you cancel the tour after these 48 hours prior to your tour no refund will be processed.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 5 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 30th, 2022.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.