SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
Sunday, 8 November, 2020 | INCA TRAIL & SALKANTAY TREK, Machu Picchu Tours | 0 Comentarios
PACKAGE DETAILS | CLASSIC SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
When you hike the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, you will see impressive Inca ruins, expansive mountain views, lush subtropical vegetation and extraordinary ecological varieties. The Ancient Inca Road goes through the National Park and takes you through the Sun Gate with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu! We will pass through cloud forests and finally into subtropical vegetation.
Day 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and take you to the Ollantaytambo train station. There, we will board the Expedition train, we will travel for about 1 hour and 30 minutes until the km 104. After passing the control, we will begin our trek walking along the Vilcanota River.
Along the way, we will see the archeological site of Chachabamba, where studies indicate that it was a religious place or even a watch post to protect Machu Picchu.
On the hike, we may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky). After walking 3 hours, the road descends through an amazing forest.
Here you will find a beautiful waterfall en route to the ruins of Winaywayna, where we will spend some time to take in the beauty of this place.
After a full day of trekking, we’ll arrive at the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first view of Machu Picchu on the mountain below. It’s a perfect place to take nice pictures of the ruins surrounded by impressive mountain peaks, deep valleys, and the Urubamba River. From Inti Punku we will walk down for 30 minutes to the citadel and we will rest and take pictures. Finally, we will take the bus to Aguas Calientes (2,030 meters), where we will spend the night and have the opportunity to visit the hot springs.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU!
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you will take a bus with our guide to the ruins of Machu Picchu, which only takes 30 minutes. If you would rather hike along the Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu, it takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes, just let your guide know so that she/he can advise you.
In Machu Picchu, you will meet your group and have a 2-hour guided tour. Then you will have extra time to explore the ruins by yourself. You could climb Huayna Picchu or the Machu Picchu Mountain (ticket must be purchased ahead of time). We encourage all travelers to make the most of their time in this place. Then you can take the bus to return to Aguas Calientes, or hike back down the Inca steps.
The usual departure time is in the afternoon, first with the train to Ollantaytambo, then by bus to Cusco.
It is included
IT IS INCLUDED:
- Briefing at your Hotel or at our Office in Cusco by 1 day before departure
- Pick up from your Hotel
- Private transportation to the Ollantaytambo Train Station, approx. 2 hrs
- Expedition Train to km 104
- Permits and fees for the 2 Days Inca Trail
- Entrance fee for Machu Picchu
- English-speaking guide.
- Guided visit of Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna, and Choquesuysuy
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu on the second Day
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast
- Hotel Accommodation in Aguas Calientes (Private room).
- Bus trip (Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu)
- Expedition train return to Ollantaytambo (can be upgraded) transport to Cusco
- The bus back from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (USD12)
- Hiking poles
- Extra expenses
- Personal porter, to carry personal items from our clients (up to 15 kg).
- Last Lunch, Last Dinner
- Tips recommended
What to Bring?
WHAT TO BRING SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
- A small backpack and tennis shoes or hiking boots
- Waterproof clothes, raincoat or poncho (December to April)
- Money in soles
- Water bottle (no plastic allowed)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sun and winter hat
- Insect repellent
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc.
- Camera and extra batteries.
RECOMMENDATIONS SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
If you want to hike the Huayna Picchu with its dramatic views, this must be booked in advance and costs extra USD 75 per person. The climb takes 1 hour and is moderately difficult. The other option is the Machu Picchu Mountain, 1.5 hours steep climb, very demanding and USD 75 per person. This is probably the most spectacular of all views, but all three options are very nice and will allow you to make very good photos.
As the weather is very cold and damp, your wet clothes will not dry overnight. Therefore bring enough spare clothes.
What is the total distance traveled on the trek?
The total distance covered in the two days is about 6.21mi, done in about 5 or 6 hours of walking at a normal pace.
What is the maximum altitude of this activity?
The maximum point reached during this trek is 8923ft above sea level.
Can children participate in this activity?
Yes, because it is a one day walk, it is recommended for the whole family, including children, always accompanied by their parents or responsible adults.
What is the best time for this walk?
The best months to do the Inca Trail, both short and traditional, are between May and October, avoiding the rainy season (November to April) in Cusco.
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Due to the strict controls and limitations of the Inca Trail permits, this reservation is NOT refundable.
- Any changes must be previously informed and are subject to availability and extra charges