SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN AND HUMANTAY LAKE (2 DAYS)
This hike is designed for nature lovers and is only two days. You will visit the gorgeous Humantay Glacier Lake and the snow capped peak of Salkantay Mountain. Our starting point is in the village of mollepata and soraypampa, and here we will start our hike to Lake Humantay which is around 4200 m or 13779 feet of elevation. Here you will be able to appreciate the beauty of the snow capped mountains and the turquoise lake. The next stop is to the Apu Salkantay where you have the opportunity to take a horse to the lookout of the mountain.
Tour Type: Nature walk in Cusco
Good For: Everyone, done in small groups or privately
Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes.
Season: From January 1 to December 31.
Duration: 2 Days.
PACKAGE DETAILS | HUMANTAY LAKE TREK
DAY 01 CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – HUMANTAY – SORAYPAMPA.
We will pick you up from your hotel around 4:30. We will then travel in our private transportation to Mollepata village (for 2 hours approximately) located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River.
After our breakfast in Mollepata, we will continue our journey towards Soraypampa (3900 masl), where we will start our 1:30 hour steep climb up to the Humantay Lake located at (4200 msnm or 13779 feet). This place was considered sacred for the Incas.
* The climb is definitely worth it and when you reach the top, you will be greeted by the wonderful Apu Salkantay and the spectacular Humantay Glacier Lake.
*You can rent a horse to get up to or down from the lake, if the climb is too challenging.
After visiting this important place we will return to our camping spot and have lunch overlooking the beautiful panoramic view of the snowy peaks.
Overnight: Camping in Soraypampa.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY MOUNTAIN VIEW – SORAYPAMPA – CUSCO
We will wake up early to catch the beautiful sunrise over the Andes while having breakfast in our basecamp. Afterwards you will have the opportunity to do an optional 2.5-hour hike to see the Salkantay Glacier. After taking in the breathtaking views and taking lots of pictures, we will return to the campsite where we will have a delicious lunch before returning to Cusco.
Click below to book this amazing adventure today!
It is included
IT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Transportation from Cusco to the trailhead
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner (vegetarian options available)
- Camping tents (one tent for 2 people)
- Foam Mat for sleeping
- Professional tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Transportation from Soraypampa to Cusco
- First aid equipment and oxygen tank
- Entrance to Salkantay
IT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Extra expenses
- Horse from Soraypampa to the lake USD 40 & Soraypampa until the Salkantay viewpoint USD 55
- Sleeping bag USD 7
What to Bring?
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport or ID
- Daypack for personal items
- Comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear (hiking boots are recommended)
- Rain jacket and warm clothes
- T-shirt and sets of clothes (Be aware that your clothes, once wet, will not dry easily there)
- Sun and winter hat
- Extra money in soles
- Personal medication
- Camera and extra batteries
- Insect repellent
- Good vibes because you will be visiting sacred Incan places
Flexible cancellation/ change
- Cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance and it will be charged only 40% of the total amount to cover up administration expenses. Passed the 30 days it will be charged the full amount.
- The policy to reschedule or to make any amendment allows the update to be made no more than 15 days prior to the date of your tour and it is valid until December 31st , 2022. (To reschedule Machu Picchu it will be charged USD 25 per person to cover up administration expenses.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes due to unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the operator, changes without prior notice.
- In order to protect your investment, we kindly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
- If for any reason your tour gets cancelled during the pandemic we highly recommend you to consider postponing your tour to 2022 or 2023. It will only be charged the amount of USD 25 for changing the date on the Machu Picchu entrance ticket.