LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU (4 DAYS)
Tour Type: Cultural in Archaeological Sites in Cusco and Machu Picchu
Good For: Everyone, done in small groups or privately
Consideration: Please remember comfortable shoes and passport
Season: From January 1 to December 31.
Duration: 4 Days.
PACKAGE DETAILS | LARES VALLEY TREK
DAY 01 – CUSCO – LARES – LARES HOT SPRINGS – WUACA WASI
Our Willka Travel staff will pick you up from your hotel to start your tour in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
We will make a brief stop at the small village of Lares where we can buy some snacks for the road, and then we before continuing by bus to the hot springs where we will enjoy a tasty lunch and rest enjoying their warm medicinal waters.
Following this relaxing break, we will begin hiking towards the village of Wacawasi where we will spend our first night.
DAY 02 – WACA WASI – ABRA SIPSAY – PATACANCHA
We will wake up early to fuel up for this day of adventure.
From here we will continue our hike, which will be a tough one as we cross the highest point on the trail, the step of the Condor located approximately 4650 masl.
We will arrive at this beautiful place called Yanacocha where we will enjoy our lunch and a well-deserved rest.
In the afternoon we continue our hike to Patacancha where we will spend the night.
DAY 03 – PATACANCHA – WILLOQ – PUMAMARCA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
For the third day, we will make our final hike to the village of Willoq where we will be able to appreciate the typical life of the local people.
Afterwards, we will take a short hike through the village, approximately 2.5 hrs, before taking the bus to the traditional village of Ollantaytambo where we will have free time until the train departs.
Once we arrive at the city of Aguas Calientes, we will spend the night in preparation for Machu Picchu the next day.
DAY 04 – AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
We will wake up early in the morning to begin the ascent to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. We will visit the citadel for approximately 3 hrs (guided tour for 2 hours). We will then have free time before taking the train back to the city of Ollantaytambo, where you will take your bus back to the city of Cusco.
It is included
- Pre-briefing in Cusco 1 day before the trek
- Private transportation from your hotel to the Valley of Lares
- Camping equipment (mattresses, dining tent with table and chairs, tent for hygiene)
- Meals during the excursion (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners / vegetarian options available)
- Professional tour guide (English or Spanish)
- Horseman and mules, for camping equipment
- Emergency Horse
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Admission to the hot springs of Lares Valley
- Bus going up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
- First Aid Kit and oxygen
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (that can be upgraded)
- Duffel bags
IT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Clothes, rain gear, and footwear
- Sunscreen, toiletries, and personal items
- Water bottles and a headlamp or flashlight
- Lunch and dinner on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Walking Sticks
- Sleeping bags (available to rent)
- Guide gratuity (industry recommendation is 10-15% of trip cost)
What to Bring?
WHAT TO BRING
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Sleeping bag.
- Clothing for a warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Rain poncho, winter and sun hat.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved T-Shirts.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, hand sanitizer, water bottle
- Toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic bag), a flashlight and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card
- Extra money in soles (s/ 300.00 soles) emergency case and tips.
- Since the weather can be very cold and damp, your clothes – once gotten wet – won’t dry at night. So bring clothes.
NOTE: See the Packing Lists page for more detailed information on what clothes and gear to bring on your hiking tour. When you book the tour you will receive an email with a more accurate clothing and gear list for the tour you’re taking
OPTIONAL AND RENTALS
Huayna Picchu Mountain:
If you want to climb Huayna Picchu, it costs an extra USD 25 per person, book it in advance because it does sell out.
7:00am – 200 people
10:00am – 200 People
Machu Picchu Mountain:
If you want to climb the Machu Picchu Mountain, it costs an extra USD 25 per person.
7:00am to 11:00am 200 people
Sleeping bag rent:
Price: USD 20.00 – 5 Days Hike.
Price: USD 15.00 – 4 Days Hike.
Our sleeping bags are –8ºC-comfort (0ºF) they are cleaned after every use.
Extra Horse: USD 50.00
Personal horse and horsemen for riding or carrying extra personal belongings while on the trek.
Extra night in Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu:
Please let us know if you wish us to make the hotel reservation and, in this case, inform us some details like:
hotel category and accommodation, and the number of nights you need us to book for you.